This was a visit to newly discovered family we had never met, combined with a trip to see our daughter and her husband.
- Meeting the Margutti cousins in Essex, England for the very first time!
2. Hanging out with Larissa and Hans Georg in Stuttgart and vicinity.
3. Speyer Cathedral, consecrated in 1061, has been the burial place of several lines of German kings and emperors. It is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The model shows the original layout.
4. The city of Koblenz, at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers, traditionally the place where the Teutonic/German world and the Latin/French world met… and often battled.
5. Burg Stahleck, a lovely reconstruction of a castle on the Rhine, where we had an overnight visit before going to the home of Hans Georg’s parents.